Sunday, February 7, 2010

First Dentist Trip

A few weeks ago I took the boys for their first visit to the dentist. I was a little nervous to be honest. Garrison isn't always a fan of us brushing his teeth so having a stranger in his mouth I'm sure was not high on his list of fun things to do. I knew I wanted him at a pediatric office. On the recommendation of a friend we decided on Dr. Speed. What a great experience. The hygienist was so good with Garrison. She started out painting his teeth so we could see any trouble spots where we need to work on brushing. To my pleasant surprise Garrison's teeth were nearly perfect. We are doing a great job with the brushing and so his he!

We then moved on to the cleaning. Garrison was not sure he wanted to let her clean his teeth. So instead he got a Cars (the movie) car wash for his teeth. He got to wear some great shades while they used, "the special flashlight" to make sure and clean all the "sugar bugs" off his teeth. He did a great job having his teeth cleaned and even got a lesson on flossing. After the cleaning he had ex-rays and was happy to have "pictures taken" of his teeth.

Gavin had a happy baby visit. The dentist just looked at his teeth and we learned about some great products we can use with him. The dentist was shocked to see an almost 1 year old with 11 teeth! Yes, 11 teeth! He'll have a cleaning when he is older but the Dr. said everything looks great.

My fears were for nothing. It was a great visit. I really can't say enough good things about Dr. Speed and her entire office. They spoke right to Garrison and helped him feel comfortable with what they were doing and why they were doing it.



No comments: