Yesterday we had an amazing family day. I didn't bring the camera, I'm a little sad about that but I felt like I was living in the moments more than trying to document them. So I'm ok with it, cause it was really a great day.
We went to church in the morning then grabbed our picnic lunch and headed for old town. We found the perfect little table right by the train tracks and ate all the while hearing the sounds of the train. Garrison was so excited to get on the train that he took about 3 bites and told us to hurry. Next we set off to ride the train. Garrison LOVED every moment. Gavin on the other hand, he had had enough about 10 mins in and spent the rest of the ride letting us know he was ready to get off the train. Once we were off the train we went walking. It was such a pretty day we just wanted to be outside. We walked along and enjoyed all the great little stores that you can find in old town. Garrison was a total joy and Gavin was back to his normal happy self, happy to be free from the train. We were almost ready to go when Garrison decided we had to "ride a horse, Harvey" (he calls all horses Harvey right now, but that's another story for another post).
So we found the perfect "chocolate horse" (brown) and went of a carriage ride. SUCH fun! Gavin LOVED it! Waving to people as we cruised by. We followed it up with an ice cream cone then headed home. Nothing mind blowing, the day didn't take a ton of money either. But it was just so much fun to be out relaxing, going with the flow.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment