I was privileged to serve at the Crew Leader for his group. It was such a blessing to work with the precious little preschoolers! We were the Green Jelly Beans and boy did we have fun! Each morning we got to worship in "Big Church" and that was enough to bring tears to my eyes everyday. Hundreds of children singing praises to our King! It was a Joyful Noise for sure! After worship our group headed to Messy Time. This was Garrison's favorite part of the day! Tons of super fun, super silly and super messy activities. I'm sure he loved the fact that Momma just watched and even encouraged him to dive right in! (Not always the case when it comes to being messy!) One day during messy time was water day, my boy was drenched when the half hour was up. (Like take of the shirt and wring it out kind of drenched.) If you know Garrison then I'm sure its no surprise!
After messy time we would head into Teaching Time. Each day there was an amazing story time that went along with the verse for the day. I wasn't sure how much Garrison was learning. Because I'd ask him questions and he wouldn't answer or he's say I don't know. But here we are a month out and he is still reciting some of the ten commandments and talking about the Israelites. He is a little sponge and soaked it all in! After story time we'd head over to Art time to make a project that went along with the story for the day. This was also when he got to visit with Princess Promised Land, and the Candy King! He LOVED the Princess, not only did she give him candy for reciting his memory verses but according to him she was "fancy" too!
Our day wrapped up with snacks and small group time, read very tired preschoolers who had been pumped up with excitement and candy and were now bouncing off the walls!
I can't say enough what a great week VBS was for our family. Even little Gavin really enjoyed the time he spent in his class being loved on and played with each morning. I can't say enough how very thankful we are for our church. It took us several years and some hard experiences after moving here to find the right church, we are so happy to have a church home! I am thankful for the opportunity to love on the kids in Kidsway. VBS really reminded me that my heart is for children. And even though I am out of a classroom there are so many ways I can love and serve kids and not just my own. I am thankful for that. Also so thankful for the MANY amazing people in our church who are showing Gods love to our kids in such real ways. VBS was awesome and we can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment