Friday, November 20, 2009

Rainy Day

I have a love hate relationship with the rain. I love the sound of rain on my roof when I am warm in bed. I think I sleep better on rainy days the sound is just so soothing! However, it's no secret that teachers don't look forward to rainy days. Even though I haven't been in a classroom for 3 years now the rain hits and I can almost smell the room filled with warm little bodies and see the silent ball or heads up 7 up. Those are some of the longest days!

Now that I am a stay at home mom I think I am starting to fear rain! With a super active 3 year old we play outside EVERY day! If it's cold I pile on the layers and we all scoot out the door even if its just to ride bikes in the court for a little bit. Burning off energy is a necessary part of our day. So today marks the beginning of rainy season. I a armed with arts and crafts and plenty of chores. I should be good... at least for today.

What do you do with your little ones to burn off energy on a rainy day?

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Children's Benadryl takes the edge off. :) JUST KIDDING! I don't drug Hannah. haha

I'm clueless as to what to do. Hannah doesn't enjoy rainy day trips to Target as much as I do.

Anonymous said...

I remember one March it rained every day! In those extreme situations, I take mine to Chuck-E-Cheese, bounce-a-rama, a friend's house...even set up an area in the garage.